Ways to Save on Rental Insurance
Once you have reached the conclusion that renter’s insurance is a great idea for the time you’re in the “lease period” of your life, you need to move to step two and find the ways you can not only benefit from Renter’s Insurance’s protection, but to also do it in the least expensive manner. There are a few ways to save money on insurance quotes, and most of them are low-cost and easy to gather.
- Consider consolidating several insurance policies – many companies offer discounts for the customers who combine their rental and car insurance.
- Make sure you have a clean credit before you ask for a renter’s insurance quote. Insurance companies often charge a lower rate to those customers who have good credit.
- Ask about available discounts; many insurance companies have a set of available discounts, but renters don’t realize they need to ask in order to take the advantage of these opportunities. Such discounts can be offered for seniors, for employees of certain companies, etc.
- Dead bolt locks can cut down on your insurance amount, inform the company if you have them installed or talk to the landlord to see if this is an upgrade they are willing to provide.
- Smoke alarms can also diminish your insurance quote, not to mention that they’re a life saver. Tell the insurance agent know if they’re present; otherwise consult with the landlord about adding these life-saving devices.
- Sprinkler systems could as well lower your rate.
- Security systems offer a strong guarantee to the insurance company, thus a discount could be applied to your policy if you have any installed.